If you would like to contact support, click the round question mark icon at the top-right of the application. A new “Submit Feedback” dialog will appear.
- Enter a short title/subject (e.g. issues with redaction)
- (optional) Add additional comments
- (optional) Check the box to “upload my logs”. These are important to help troubleshoot any issues. The log file is text only and does not include any images or video.
- (optional) Check the box for “Upload my video” to securely upload your video to Sighthound’s servers for review. Typically, there’s no need to do this unless * * requested by Sighthound’s support team.
- Enter your email address and click the Submit button.
- Sighthound will receive your request and reply to your email shortly.
If you prefer to skip the above form, you can send an email to email@example.com. If you encounter issues and require assistance in troubleshooting, a rotating log file named main.log is kept in the application data directory.
The data directory can be found in either one of these two directories:
Sighthound Redactor Desktop Users
- C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Sighthound Redactor
Sighthound Redactor Client/Server Users
- C:\ProgramData\Sighthound Redactor
Note: you will need to make hidden folders visible to reach these locations:
Show hidden folders on Windows:
- Open Folder Options by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Folder Options.
- Click the View tab.
- Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then click OK.